Have you seen the Chocolate Carrot Cake recipe that I posted a while back? I love baking at home because it allows me to adjust the ingredients and sugar levels to suit my own liking. Baking is akin to therapy, where you just follow every step of the instructions with exact measurements provided, and at the end, you’re rewarded with a delicious, hot-from-the-oven, baked to perfection bite.
Kitchen gloves for heat resistance are a must have for anyone who spends time in the kitchen preparing food. Its probably one of the first items I bought when we set up our home here and back in Singapore. I use the oven a lot and this is the only way I can protect myself from getting burns.
I’ve always used the cheapest gloves I could find from the dollar store or supermarkets, sometimes bundled with pot holders. You know those thick, quilted gloves. I always used those and I still have a set with me now. When I saw the Magiküchen Heat Resistant Gloves I knew I had to try it out. There is a growing market for silicone kitchen products right now, and I was surprised that they could even make gloves out of it.
*I need to add this disclaimer that while I was given these products heavily discounted in exchange of a review, I believe in writing in honesty and integrity. If I didn’t like something, I would not have written about it, or if the company was not upholding its claims, it will not be on my list of recommendations. I am known for my strict requirements before I am willing to put my money or words down on a product, so unless it works to its claims, I will not talk about it. It is very important to me to stay true to myself while writing these out or it will just become an advertising blog and this is not what I want. I have tried all these products personally and put them to the test over time before writing these reviews.
Thank you Magiküchen for allowing me to review these kitchen gloves. I love them!! What is so special about these? Let’s start with a product description from the company itself:
Are you fed up with the smelly, stained oven mitts that you keep using in your kitchen or on the BBQ? Are you tired of your oven mitt soaking up water or burning your hands? Magiküchen’s Heat Resistant Silicone Cooking Gloves are the best solution! NO MORE grabbing of nearest towel or handling the meat on grill with little Forks, as these Gloves are the substitute for all Cooking, Grilling and Food Handling.
IMPORTANT TOOL IN EVERY KITCHEN, HOUSEHOLD SO IT IS ESSENTIAL TO HAVE THE BEST ONE!
-These Multi-Purpose Silicone Glove set are ideal for every household. These Gloves are perfect for: Taking out Hot Bread from the Oven, Easy Handling of Hot Meat when you barbecue, Grabbing Eggs out of Boiling Water, use as potholders, Changing Light Bulbs, Protect your hands while washing dishes, household cleaning and cleaning the Fridge Freezer.
-Exclusively designed for Strong & Comfortable Grip with high dexterity whilst protecting your hands.
-Non-stick silicone means that everything washes off these glove with ease, from sticky honey or marinade to oils and grease.
-Offering you the highest Quality Gloves for safe and clean handling of Food.
WHAT MAKES OUR GLOVES UNIQUE?
-Non-Slip, Strong Grip, comfortable.
-Easy to wear and remove them from the hands. Unlike other gloves they are not stiff.
-One Size Fits Most.
-Desirable Red Color suitable for Men and Women.
-100% Waterproof, Covers Your Wrist, Keeps Hands Safe and Dry.
-No Staining or Smell:Even After Long Term Use.
-Dishwasher Safe and easy to clean.
I’ve been using these gloves in my kitchen over the last 2 weeks and damn…. I wonder why I didn’t know about them earlier! These are awesome. The thing about cloth gloves is, they get dirty. They get stained from the oil, the sauces, the whatever you are making in your kitchen, they absorb it and it gets stuck, stained, and carry the odor with them.
What I really love about these gloves?
- They come in a pair. Protection for both hands! Because things like pizza, whole roasted chicken, pork roasts and bread, you need to hold them with both hands. When I buy those cloth ones, they come with 1 side only. Most of the time, I have to grab a dishcloth to hold the other side, and 50% of the times, I get burnt.
- They are made of silicone. So easy to wash. No stains. No odors. Easy to clean after every use.
- Comfort. They fit okay and will mold into whatever you need to use them for.
- Durability. They are really tough gloves. I don’t think there is any way you can spoil them, unless you use a sharp blade on them or throw it into direct fire.
- Design. I love the cute little heart shapes on the gloves itself. They help provide the grip you need on whatever you’re trying to hold onto.
- Multipurpose usage. You can use them to protect your hands whenever you get in contact with any heat that might hurt you. Cooking, baking, BBQ etc. They also have a good grip, and can help open any jars that are too tight to open with your bare hands.
- 5 fingers. I compare these with the usual kitchen mittens where you are only able to use the thumb to grip which may sometimes cause difficulty depending on what you are trying to use it for.
What I didn’t like:
I found out that if I hold onto a hot pan too long, the heat does get into the gloves a bit. Not too hot that it hurts me, but hot enough for me to want to put it down and wait awhile for the gloves to cool off before I pick them up again. But for simple moving a pot/pan from one area to the other, these work fine.
Would I still recommend these gloves? Depends on what you need it for. These are my current go to gloves for cooking/baking. We usually eat in the living room, so these gloves have been helping me move the food from the kitchen to outside. Also, simply removing my baked goods from inside the oven to check on, these have worked pretty well. I really love that I can clean them so easily and they never get stained. If you need some protection to hold hot products for long periods of time, these are not the gloves for you.
Want more awesome product reviews? Follow me at: