I’ve talked before about how I love to make cold brewed coffee and tea because they are so easy to make and less bitter too. You can check out how to make a cold brew coffee here and it is super easy to make.
Today however, I made a hot brewed coffee in a french press. It was one of those days where….
I had my usual instant coffee. I thought of doing a Nespresso Espresso, oh the pun. LOL!
Instead, I decided to try the hazelnut cream grounds that I got awhile back, and make it a super concentrated brew, so says the SavvyWife take takes an additional 4 shots from Starbucks for every cuppa she drinks. Addicted? That’s an understatement.
I brewed the coffee with this Lux Essentials French Press Coffee Maker . Yep, that’s the quantity for me alone.
1) I love how this french press has some sort of like black plastic holder that goes around the entire class compartment so that you are able to hold it safely without burning your hands.
2) It comes with an extra replacement screen, I have not seen this in other french presses that I have bought.
3) They send you a coffee scoop as well, makes it easy for you to measure out the ground coffee for the amount that you need.
4) A full page instructions was included in the box, which I followed (and added 2 extra scoops of coffee for good measure.) and my coffee came out great.
5) The filter worked great, I didn’t find much residue in my cuppa, which is a great relief. Nobody likes drinking sandy coffee, if you know what I mean.
6) This is quite a big container so I love that you can make multiple servings in this and serve a few friends at a go.
You can easily brew cold brewed coffee in this french press, which is one of my favorite things to do.
1) The plastic holder that is wrapped around the glass compartment is hollow on the inside. Every time I wash it, water and soap gets stuck inside, and I can’t seem to get it out, except to wait for it to dry out. This might lead to bacteria accumulation.
2) Big container. If you have limited cabinet space, do note that this french press is quite tall. About 9 inches.
Overall, I like the usage of this, and am very happy to use it to brew loose tea and ground coffee. I love that I can brew a bigger batch at a time and chill the beverages in the fridge and drink them whenever I want to.
*I received this product in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Check out the Lux Essentials French Press Coffee Maker
Want more awesome product reviews? Follow me at: