We spend quite a bit of time outdoors in areas where there are no cellphone signals, so my car is always packed with the necessities in case of any breakdowns. I think it is very important to be prepared for possible situations especially when you are outdoors in nature.
Many people tend to take things for granted, and the lack of preparation can lead to dangerous situations when faced with issues. For myself, I’d rather be prepared for different situations rather than wait for it to catch me and then, in the panic, try to find the solution. While I’m not a SHTF kind of prepper, or have supplies that last me generations, most of the time, I’ll have some sort of power bars on me (partially also due to my low blood pressure that causes me to break out in cold sweat and light headedness), and my home is usually stocked with a month’s worth of food supplies.
Here’s a quick description of COB LED Camping Lantern from the company:
- Bright, Compact, and Collapsible. No power switch necessary, just extend to turn on for 360 degrees of even lighting that illuminates a large area, and collapse to turn off to extend battery life. Use the durable handle to hang your lantern from your tent or tree.
- Water Resistant. Enjoy rain or shine! Whether you’re hiking in the rain, camping in a wet spot, or stuck roadside in the rain, your water resistant, collapsible lantern will stay bright and lit without the need for matches.
- Light weight lantern made of ABS plastic, and really packs a punch at 140 lumen! No need for matches or messy oils, making this an environmentally friendly accessory to your outdoor adventures.
- Perfect gift for your outdoor adventure enthusiast, or for your teenager or college student to keep handy in case of roadside emergencies! Keep your loved ones protected in the dark, and safe in emergency situations.
- Up to 8 hours of continuous working time with the use of 3 AA batteries (not included). Make your next hiking or camping trip easier than ever before with this bright, compact, collapsible lantern.
What do I think of it?
I really love that this light is really small and compact. It uses 3 AA batteries which are very easy to find. I always buy them in bulk and have some laying around to use on electronics. The quality is well made. It is very bright as well. This is very good to have in the car or at home for emergencies when there’s a blackout.
I have plenty of LED torchlights in my car and in my house, to be prepared for blackouts or car breakdowns at night. I find this a good addition on top of all that because, unlike a torchlight that shines concentrated on one area, this light gives 360 brightness. This will also be perfect when we fish at night. Previously we struggle with trying to tie our lines and hooks because torchlights are simply not enough.
To use: Just insert the 3 AA batteries, and pull up the 2 metal handles on the side of the lantern. Don’t be fooled by the size, because this thing is really bright. I got blinded for a second the first time I used it.
I really love this product, and it is definitely going to be in the back of my boot this winter, together with the rest of my winter preparation kit.
*I received this product in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Check out the COB LED Camping Lantern
Want more awesome product reviews? Follow me at: